Saturday 7 June 2008

Things I want to do...

There are so many things I want to do, all rattling around in my head, that I thought it prudent to note them down. Here goes, in no particular order:

  1. Catalogue all my books in Library Thing. Totally anal I know, but I love it. Have persuaded myself that there is a point to this wanton time-user - if our books ever get lost, burnt or otherwise destroyed we can work out a sensible insurance claim. Of course, that will require household contents insurance.
  2. Get household contents insurance (see #1).
  3. Post more often to my blog. See, I'm doing this one already!
  4. Finish making the rest of the fleece nappies. They have already been cut out by hubby, so it's not that much work.
  5. Make a nappy bag that both of us will use (no flowers, then). Needs to have cunning strap arrangement so that it works with the baby wrap.
  6. Make a boring wrap for hubby to use. Again, no flowers.
  7. Get on with The Tapeworm. Progress thus far has been slow.
  8. Declutter. No small task, but I'm getting great tips from Unclutterer. My hubby pointed out that nearly all the clutter is mine and I have to agree. We started today with a new rule - nothing new can come in without something going out. So, we took a vase to the Salvation Army shop before we set off on our Saturday Adventure.
  9. Become more ethical. Very large task, but we've already started. We use washable nappies and we've just signed up to an organic veg box scheme. Yep, there is one here in Finland, but it doesn't run in the winter, when nothing grows. We also just bought some biodegradable nappies to use during the journey to and from my Dad's place in Spain at the end of the month. Sadly we're flying, but next time we'll go by train. I've been thinking ethical for a while, but Leo Hickman's Life Stripped Bare: My Year Trying to Live Ethically has just spurred me into action.
That's all I can think of right now, more to follow and hopefully progress reports too...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More